Friday, September 9, 2011

In the Words of my Boys

"Today at school I had to come up with a word to describe you...annoying. My mom is annoying."
"I had an ok day. The best part was I didn't have to do any work.We just played games all day."
"Why can't you help me do my math like Dad? He understands how my brain works... No, Dad! That's not right.
                                                            You don't know anything about math either."
"We don't have school, Mom."
"Why don't we have school? There's no snow on the ground."
"It's not fair you guys are staying home. I'm the one who threw up in the night."
"I'm scared I'm gonna die. Watching a movie helps me forget that I'm gonna die. So can I watch another show?"
"Why do I have to eat this salad? My body only needs junk."
"Why should I have to take a shower? I'm as clean as I get. I'll just turn on the water and let it run."
"Don't leave me!"
"I want to ride with you."
"Can you make my toast?"
"Can you make my breakfast?"
"Can I ride with you?"
"What's the plan for after school?"
"Nooooooooooo! Shut the door in the garage. You can't leave it open. I'm too scared."
"Oh by the way I need snack right now."
"I need you to sign these papers."
"I want a frozen dinner. Why can't I? You said I could. You said I could. You have to... See you are annoying."
"Aren't I a kid? Then I should be able to eat a kid's cereal."
"Why don't you go meditate? You're grumpy, and besides, we need our electronics."
"NOBODY EVER LISTENS TO ME. CAN'T YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING!"
"Today we had a special assembly with role playing. Wanna have an Uno tournament? Where's my ketchup?"
"I'm frustrated with myself. You are just my target. Now we're both frustrated."
"Mom said so, and Mom does not lie."
"Can I light these candles? You said last night I could so you have to let me."
"I need to line these candles up to meditate."



Ahhhh, motherhood.

Namaste,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment