Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stop and Listen to the Flowers

If these flowers could speak to me, what might they say?

 
"We're a beautiful bouquet. We each began in a greenhouse. We were tended with care, and just before we hit our full bloom, we were cut. We stood in buckets of water, separated. Our heads sometimes brushed, but we longed to be together. We traveled to a cooler where we were chilled to slow our blooming and to prolong our lives. Finally, after much longing to intermingle, we were arranged into a bouquet just for you. We were given as a birthday gift to brighten your day. We notice you smiling at us, and we stand a bit taller, a bit brighter. We are a gift to you. Your smile is a gift to us. You feel the love with which we were given, connecting you. Well worth the sacrifice."


"I live at the farm where you visit once a week. I face the light, knowing that I am a light being. When I look into the loving sun's eyes, I feel all warm and mushy inside; I get all weak in the stem. You caught me taking a look around to rest my neck. I am very top heavy, and right now, it's a struggle to hold my head high and to look right into the life light. I was calling out to you, and you noticed. You smiled and took my picture. You even found my better side, and the clouds and blue sky gathered to provide the perfect background. You admired me, but honored that my journey was not with you. Thank you for noticing me and taking my picture."


 
"We grew with our sister in the farm field. We were picked just for you by your husband and a pair of blunt scissors. (We're trying not to complain, but sharper ones work best.) We sent out loving energy to him, beckoning him to notice us. He did. He knows that we bring you joy. We have been waiting to join you. Your heart opens and fills with love and hope. What a pleasure to bring such pleasure to you! Thank you for appreciating us and for smiling every time you gaze upon us. You have welcomed us into your family, and while our time with you is temporary, you carry the joy in your heart, and these images preserve us in your memory should we fade from your memory in the depths of the snow and cold.  Thank you for embracing us for however long we're meant to be together."

No comments:

Post a Comment