Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Cards


As I was waking up this morning, I was greeted by Pete and Danny, who jumped into my bed and handed me birthday cards. I opened them up, already touched.



"A paper airplane drifts on the autumn breeze to a very special person it drifts... and here it is... I love you my special one...you." Written by Pete, 11 years old 

He wrote me a poem and decorated it by drawing a paper airplane as if it were delivering his message. I cannot remember the last time someone wrote a poem for me. What a wonderful gift!



"You are my favorite person, Mom. Lots of Love" Written by Danny, 9 years old

They picked sunflowers for my birthday, so it's such a wonderful gift to have a permanent reminder on the card that he made for me.

What a wonderful way to start my day! My heart is just filled with so much love for my little boys (who aren't so little anymore).

Of course, then the fighting and arguing began, but for a few precious minutes, we had peace and love, and that is priceless. I am very blessed to be so loved by such thoughtful and sweet boys.

I am touched by how much their words truly do mean to me. I thought about these cards and the loving words that they wrote all day.

Namaste,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment